Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Frugal Alert!



I've just completed by home-made Clip It Up. A Clip It Up is a genius invention, marketed to scrapbookers, which is basically a spinning display rack. Scrapbookers use this to display their embellishments (stickers, bling, die cuts, etc) so that they can see what they have, instead of having it tucked away in a box or drawer. This is the "If I can see it- I will use it" principal.
So- here is my homemade version! It cost me about $30 when all was said and done. The real thing retails for $90 (that's for the bottom and top rack which are purchased separately). 
My Clip it up has 120 clips; 45 on top and 75 on the bottom. They are made from a mini binder clip attached to a paper clip (pink- of course!). That is the only improvement I made upon the original homemade design. Complete materials and instructions can be found here: CLICK!

      




4 comments:

Truly Lori said...

Awesome, Robin!

I love the pink paperclips!

Frugally speaking....you ROCK!

Anonymous said...

catching up on your blog. left you some comments on some past posts too. this is one item that hasn't appealed much to me. i like old containers and such for my supplies ... but with your limited space this will serve you very well. and btw ... i can help you fill it up ;)
denise

Anonymous said...

super cool

scrapbaby! said...

VERY COOL! And probably about 1/3 the cost!