I made some nice progress tonight on the frame! I decided not to rip all the old paper off. Just used good ol' Modpodge to glue brown paper on overtop of the old stuff.
I also started laminating my characters using my Xyron 510 and two-sided laminate. A word to the wise: use a bone folder to scrape over the characters and go around all the edges after running them through the Xyron. This will ensure good adhesion.
The red paper will form the numbered pockets to hold each character until it is their turn to be placed on the Nativity Scene. There will be 24 pockets, 12 on the top, 12 on the bottom.
I also made a SUPER cute Donkey and Camel. One thing that I really admired about my inspiration for this project was the different patterns used for each character. So- I am really pleased with these particular animals!
One more night to get this all ready for Advent to start on Thursday!!! AHHHH!
P.S.- I should mention that I changed the dial size for the Camel. He is 5 inches.
1 comment:
SUPER CUTE! Love the different pp's great idea! This is really going to be a nice project. Love the new blog look too!
Post a Comment