Materials: I chose Duck tape as my base, because I wanted to make sure it would really stick and cover the deteriorating leatherette. Brand new washi tape from Michaels! My first washi experience. *SWOON* I also got some ribbon to add new book markers. Then really all you need is a trusty exact knife and scissors!
I used a credit card to scrape off all of the loose leatherette material. YUCK! Then I actually used an air compressor to blow off the bible to make sure I had a nice clean surface.
Measure and cut the Duck tape to slightly longer than the book. In my case, about 10".
I started with the spine, and cut the tape close with my exacto knife, then proceeded toward the edge of the book, overlapping about 1/2 inch. Once the whole side was covered, I cut the corners off and folded the edge over.
Blank canvas! Ready for WASHI!!
After much consternation, I decided on my original idea, a lattice pattern in the corner. For future reference, it's much easier to work this pattern from the inside out, rather than from the outer edge in! Create your pattern, then fold the edges over when you're finished. The awesome thing about washi tape is that you can lift it up and reposition over and over!
I also created tabs with the Washi Tape for each book of the Bible. I cut the tape in 1" strips, since the margins in this Bible are 1/4". It worked out perfectly!
The Finished Product!! I am so tickled at how this turned out! I want to Washi EVERYTHING!!!
![]() |
| Back |
![]() |
| Front |
![]() |
| I love how the word "Hope" just ended up on the spine. |
![]() |
| And the tabs! |
![]() |












No comments:
Post a Comment