Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Storage: Stamps


One of the major things that I changed when I completed my Craft Room re-design was my stamp storage. I used to store my acrylic stamps in CD Jewel cases. I had a nifty box that perfectly fit the jewel cases, with a drawer underneath for acrylic blocks.
Well, when I got my Expedit shelf, it was clear that storage system would not be ideal. It just didn't fit. So (over time!) I've converted all of my acrylic stamps into a binder storage system. 

I got the binder from work, it was the largest one in the closet! The rings are 5". A pencil case perfectly fits my acrylic blocks.

 Each page protector has a transparency sheet and a white piece of paper in it. The stamps stick very well to the transparency. The page protectors are heavy duty, and have a flap at the top that folds over. I think I got these at Staples, but I've had them for a long time.

So far, I am happy with the change. The only downside is that the binder is very heavy and cumbersome. And I can't just pick one set of stamps to take along if I am traveling (although I could take the page protector out of the binder). Luckily the binder is stored at desk-top level, so I can just pull it out and open it up.


No comments: