Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I scrapped!!!

I've had a breakthrough in my thinking about scrapbooking....
I asked myself, "Why am I scrapbooking?" For the art of it? To document my family's memories? In the age of digital photography, blogs and Facebook, what is the point?! Who has the time?

So- I decided that for the art and creative outlet that it provides, I am only going to scrapbook my most precious photos.
For chronicling life's events, I will use a digital photo book making service. So far, I really like Shutterfly the best.

So- Here is my little boy and his "Raffe".


This particular 11x8.5" layout is for my MIL's birthday gift. I will be making a 12x12 layout with the same photo for myself.
The layout is based on a sketch by Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits, I will be entering it in their contest. I lifted the poem from Pintrest, originally pinned from Crazy Wonderful's blog. The paper and die cuts are all My Minds Eye from the Penny Lane collection, with the exception of the journaling block, which is by Fancy Pants. The "G" is Cricut Don Juan.

2 comments:

Dani Donner said...

That photograph really IS precious! Great take on the sketch, and the color scheme is just lovely. Thanks for playing with us at Boys Rule!

Unknown said...

awesome layout, love that you added hand journalling and the acetate piece is super cool! thanks for sharing with us at Boys Rule!