Sunday, February 19, 2012

Homemade Play Kitchen

This play kitchen was made from an end table ($5) and a kitchen cabinet ($10), which I purchased from the Habitat for Humanity "Re-store" store in Chalfont, PA. I also purchased the red paint ($3) at the Re-store. When I saw the end table with the shelves on the end, I knew it would be perfect! And a great price too. I turned the kitchen cabinet on it's side to form a refrigerator. My husband put a shelf in it, between the doors. The sink is an 8x8 baking pan ($.99- Walmart) and the Faucet is real- the cheapest one from Home Depot ($11). I thought the white paint would be more of a cream color, got it from the "oops" shelf at Home Depot ($2). I made the knobs for the oven from wooden disks from Michaels. The total cost for the project is about $45. I know my son and his friends will really enjoy it!

More Detailed pics (if you click on the images, they will enlarge):
Before
Mocked up and ready for paint!
Mocked up sink and stovetop


Finished! Pots, bins and fruit from Ikea

There was a gap between the end table and cabinet, which I used a spice shelf from Ikea to cover.

Shelf with round bins from Ikea


3 comments:

K8erpillar said...

So cute Robin! I bet Jacob (and Miss Q, too!) will love it!

Doreen said...

Robin this is so terrific! So creative! I know Jacob will love it! Awesome job!

Teresa Jaye said...

This is completely awesome! A lot of work, I'm sure, but totally worth it! Hours of creative play to be had! Love the new blog look too - super cute!